Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Little Man Purse

This morning, as a family, we did some bookwork.
Cris did most of the teaching, talking, explaining, helping, etc, while I worked on preparing a few things.
Elijah did some math...fractions and such. He did writing and grammar and then he worked on his Parts of Speech lapbook, which, by the way he told me he though it was pretty cool. I just about fell of my chair.
Toviel did some math as well...mostly the mental addition of 2 digit numbers, learning and practicing strategies, stuff like that. He did some copywork, some grammar review, some phonics (he already has learned on his own all the rules we are covering, but I still think it's a good idea to learn the why's behind the phonics, but it seems slightly useless). He picked a new book to read. It's the first book in the Secrets of Droon series. He breezed through the first chapter. I love when he reads to me. He has the sweetest reading voice.

Elijah ended up going to work with Cris today. I'm not sure what exactly they did, but I do know they went to the dump at some point.
So because Elijah left the house, Tove and I went out.
We bought a monster bag of candy:



After looking at some winter boots we made our way to Value Village because Tove said he had really been wanting a "purse" for a long time. I was all for it. He needs somewhere to put his money when we go out and he wants to bring some. So he spent a lo g time narrowing the decision down. In the end, he bought a red roots over the shoulder satchel, with a denim flowered wallet.



In the evening some of their friends came over for a while. They went biking, then they came back for sword fighting and running amuck inside.

For our read aloud, I continued to read the Kingfisher version of King Arthur. It is a bit dry in spots, but we will be done it very soon 

No comments:

Post a Comment